10.10.2010

The BIG birthday party: Nini Fairy











Here is how the story goes....At 2 years old, we send Iba's nini to the Nini (pacifier) Fairy on balloons. The Nini Fairy then gives his nini to a baby who needs it and brings Iba a gift in return. We told Iba at 2 he is a big boy and doesn't need his nini as much as a little baby does. It was hard for me. I think the combination of knowing my little boy is no longer a baby, being pregnant, and knowing how much sleep I would NOT get that night brought tears to my eyes. Yep, the first night was terrible, but everyday got better. Every time he brought up his nini, I said "Remeber, the Nini Fairy took your nini to a baby because you are a big boy like Caden and Samuel now." And Iba's respons every time is "Oh." (With a big smile) A big step for the both of us:)

No comments:

Post a Comment